CORN HOLE CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT
1. Team games consist of two teams of two people. Partners shall stand at opposite cornhole boxes on the same side facing each other.
2. Each cornhole team shall have 4 bags of one color and all 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.
3. A coin flip will determine which team shall go first and from which side they will pitch from.
4. The team who has honors will begin play by one of the partners throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole board.
5. A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole box, this is the games foul line.
6. Alternate throws between the two opponents until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.
7. If a cornhole bag hits the ground first, then bounces up onto the board, remove that bag for it does not count. A simultaneous hit (board and ground)
counts as a point if it stays on the board when it's lifted from the ground.
8. After all 8 bags are throw, scoring is determined using Cancellation Format scoring. Team A has 1 bag in the hole (3 points) and 2 bags on the board (2 points),
Team B has 2 bags on the board (2 points). Team A is awarded 3 points and has honors to throw first in the next round.
9. The next round starts when the other cornhole player on the team, which has honors, throws their first cornhole bag.
10. The cornhole game continues until one team reaches or goes over 21. Cornhole Fouls
1. A cornhole players foot goes past the foot foul line (the front of the cornhole board).
2. Any bag that hits the ground and ends up on the board.
3. A Player goes out of turn.
When a foul occurs the result is removal of the bag from the board.
If the bag hits another bag or knocks one in the hole, the hit bag shall be put back where it was before the hit.
The score shall be taken after all cornhole bags have been thrown for a round.
-3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole.
-1 point for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface.
-1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging into the hole.
-1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge. If cornhole bag is on the
front of the board, board can be lifted. If the bag stays on the board, point counts.
-1 point for a cornhole bag when there is a simultaneous hit (board and ground)
and it stays on the board when the board is lifted from the ground.
-0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the ground.
1. The team with the highest round score, adds the difference of the two scores
to their game score. (Cancellation Format scoring).
2. The team who wins the round is given honors to throw first in the next round.
3. If both cornhole teams have the same round score then the game score stays
the same and honors stays with the team who had it the previous round.